Sunday, January 28, 2007

Countdown to SuperBowl

Welcome to Eat the Football - the intersection of food, popular culture and football. Clueless about football, yet fascinated by its hold on the American imagination, I participate in SuperBowl fever the only way I know how--by playing with my food.

It doesn't matter to me which teams are playing as long as I can match their jersey colors with food coloring. I don't care who the MVP is--I'd rather bestow a prize upon the most valuable food-stylist, the one who has attained new heights in depicting the icons of the game into something we can get our mouth around. It may be all about the halftime show and commercials for some, but for me it's about football cuisine- meat, cheese and salt.

So, check out Eat the Football this week and see what I see when I look at American football through the lens of culinary expression.

4 comments:

Alanna Kellogg said...

Fun!

Anonymous said...

After attending the recent Bears-Saints game at Soldiers fied, the cake doesn't look like much, but the victory was sweet! The frosting doesn't taste that good, but it didn't taste like Da Feet! Loved the blog!

Billybillybilly

jonerik said...

When is the SuperBowl party starting at your house?

Anonymous said...

Daaaaaaaaaa Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears..Daaaaaaa Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears...Saaasage, Ditka, saasage, Ditka, saasage, Ditka... Todd her is havin' a heart attack, I shall proceed wit' one o' dem hiney lick manoovers.....